November 26, 2010

happy (belated) thanksgiving!

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving and have fully recovered from your food comas/stomachaches!

Can you believe that this was the first Thanksgiving that zpao and I have ever spent together? Crazy, right? For our first Thanksgiving together we chose to stay in San Francisco to save money for the Big Day. We definitely missed our families but we had a great time spending the day with some friends from our alma mater (yay CMU!). In true Thanksgiving fashion the day started off disastrous (it's not Thanksgiving without at least one thing going wrong, right?) when I realized that zpao had bought the wrong type of sweet potatoes (my mom's sweet potato recipe is my one and only absolute must-have on Thanksgiving so this really was disastrous). We ended the day on a high note though: delicious food (avocado key lime pie for the win), good company and my team being undefeated in Taboo. Excellent all around. The fact that we now have a three day weekend to enjoy isn't so bad either. 

So what will I do with all this free time? Well, I know that I've been slacking on the blog updates this past week, so get ready! I have lots to share with you today!

In honor of those of you traveling this Holiday weekend let's kick things off with some luggage. Beautiful, vintage luggage to be exact. Confused? Get on over to the next post. All will be revealed!

xoxo, 
zar

p.s. I've been gathering inspiration for future table settings and Thanksgiving decor for when zpao and I start hosting our family's Thanksgiving dinner! Take a peak: 





photos above courtesy of style me pretty

photo courtesy of wedding chicks

photo courtesy of wedding chicks

photo courtesy of grey likes weddings

 p.p.s. I know it will be a while before we need a kid's table at Thanksgiving dinner but these are just too cute not to share!

photo courtesy of country living
finger puppets! via martha stewart

photo courtesy of simplifiedbee.blogspot



No comments:

Post a Comment