November 11, 2010

planning update: november edition

Ok, trusty blog readers. It's recently been brought to my attention that there are alot of you out there following my blog (cough cough thetas cough). First of all, this makes me ridiculously happy. Here I thought my bridesmaids and future hubby would be my only audience! Secondly, and more importantly, this means that there are plenty of you out there who can help me! (Scared? Don't worry. I'm not going to make you fly out to SF and help me with all of the DIY projects that are piling up [seriously, I think of a new one everyday] although if this interests you we could probably make arrangements...)

I've decided to start doing monthly planning updates outlining what's at the top of our to do-list for that month and what we've accomplished in the previous month. This is where you come in: If you see something reappearing on the to-do list month after month I'm counting on you to call me out on my procrastination. There's a comment section below each blog post. Use it. Something along the lines of "get your lazy butt in gear" should do the trick.

So here we go. Planning update: November edition. 

October accomplishments:

1. save-the-dates designed, ordered, printed, & received
2. wedding website construction got underway
3. guest list finalized
4. researched ceremony music ideas (bagpipes may or may not be involved...)

November to-do list:

1. finish the wedding website. asap. 
2. research music options for the reception  
3. research potential florists
4. research cake bakers (and perhaps set up some tastings....yummm!)
5. research potential officiants
6. set up a meeting with our day-of-coordinator to discuss flowers, linens, food, drinks, etc. 
7. assemble and send save-the-dates (DONE!)

Ok, that's it for November's planning update/October's accomplishments. You guys better keep an eye on me and make sure things are getting checked off of that list! 

xoxo, 
zar

P.S. not exactly wedding related (I mean, it has to do with love...) but I simply adore Shanna Murray's designs. Take a look at her wall decals and ceramic mugs below. So cute, right? Check out more of her stuff at here and here.


photo courtesy of shannamurray.bigcartel.com

photo courtesy of shannamurray.typepad.com



No comments:

Post a Comment