December 21, 2010

knock knock

Who's there? Doors repurposed for wedding decor! (sorry, I really couldn't resist telling a knock knock joke when the post is about doors...)


photo courtesy of style me pretty
photos courtesy of ruffled blog

photo courtesy of elizabeth anne designs

photo courtesy of elizabeth anne designs



photo courtesy of jose villa

photo courtesy of jose villa

photo courtesy of ruffled blog

photo courtesy of julie harris photography

photo courtesy of monmariage.co.za

photo courtesy of style me pretty

I'm in love with the idea of incorporating old doors into wedding decor so naturally, I'm trying to get my hands on one of these beauties. But where does one find a vintage or antique door? Good question. I'm thinking that a salvage yard will be my best bet. Conveniently there's a salvage yard pretty close to our wedding venue and it has been on my list of must-see places for far too long now (who puts salvage yards on a must-see list? Ha. That'd be me!) 

We're planning a meeting with our wedding coordinator at Radonich Ranch in January so hopefully we'll have time to stop by the salvage yard. We don't actually have room for an antique door in our apartment, but I'm sure we could make something work...right, zpao?

xoxo, 
zar

p.s. funny story, zpao actually likes modern decor. I wonder how many lovely little (or big) vintage things I can accumulate before zpao puts his foot down? Come to think of it...I don't think we've bought anything "modern" since our couch! Ok, now that I've dug myself into a really deep hole...I LOVE YOU ZPAO ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment