January 9, 2011

diy project #2

Well, it's been a while since I finished DIY project #1 so I figured it was time to get cracking on DIY project #2! We only have 8 months until the big day and I'm fairly certain that these projects aren't going to make themselves (and let's be real...zpao isn't going to make them either). 

This project might end in disaster, but I am going to attempt (key word here!) to make these cuties...

photo courtesy of milk tea on etsy


photo courtesy of milk tea on etsy


photo courtesy of together forever on etsy

Custom-made cake toppers! Too cute, right? 

I found the ones above on Etsy, an awesome source for all things artsy and handmade, for about $150 but I'm hoping to make my own and save some mullah. The real question is: will I actually be able to make one of these? Also, considering the cost of materials plus the time and potential frustration that will go into making these is it even worth making them instead of buying them? Honestly, I'm not sure. But that's the risk you take with DIY projects! I think I'm a pretty crafty gal so I feel fairly confident that I can pull these off. And if I fail miserably? Well that's what Etsy is for! Oh, and I'll be sure to share pictures of my disastrous attempt at DIY stardom with all of you ;)

Keep your eyes pealed for photos documenting my progress!

xoxo, 
zar

No comments:

Post a Comment