January 16, 2011

latest antique store finds

Oh my goodness. Did I just hit the jackpot in terms of incredibly awesome antiques/vintage items. This past Thursday zpao and I had a meeting with our lovely wedding coordinator Marky Carr, at Radonich Ranch (more on this later) and then headed down to Capitola to take a look at the house we are renting for our families (more on this later too! Aghh so much to share!) On our way to Capitola, we came across this adorable little town called Soquel. Little did we know, Soquel is antique heaven. Literally, everywhere you look there is an antique store. Naturally I started shrieking in the car. How had I not known that such a marvelous place existed?! Long story short, we never made it to Capitola to look at that house. Instead, we spent the day marveling at some amazing antique/vintage furniture and decor and of course we didn't leave empty handed!

(Please excuse the not-so-great quality of some of these pics. I was so excited to share my newest finds with everyone that I snapped these at night in our apartment despite the terrible lighting)


 Say hello to my gorgeous Royal typewriter (which is in perfect working condition!):



And my vintage camera/books:




A first-aid kit tin from the early 1900's:




And finally, a picnic basket (which will be perfect for our engagement photo shoot out in Golden Gate Park!):



Yay! More vintage accesories means more fabulous things to include in our wedding AND more fabulous things to add to my vintage rental company's collection. Definitely a win-win :)

xoxo,
zar

No comments:

Post a Comment