January 9, 2011

music woes

There isn't much about wedding planning that makes me nervous. For the most part, I feel like I have a pretty clear vision of what I want and a plan for how to make that vision come to life. But when it comes to making music related decisions, I get a little uneasy. I know exactly what I want in terms of ceremony music (strings, strings, and more strings...cellos, in particular) but for the reception music, I'm a bit lost.

On one hand, I think a live band might be more fun, festive and entertaining than a DJ. On the other hand, choosing a good band that plays song we all know and love and is affordable seems like a daunting task. Another concern I have? That the cover songs will be vastly different from the versions I'm used to hearing (is that silly? I really don't like change!)

Then there's the DJ. Should we just go ahead and get a DJ so that we don't have to worry about a crappy cover band? At least the DJ can play music that we all know and love in the versions that we're used to hearing. And, we can always give them a list of exactly what we want to be played. It seems pretty hard to mess that up. But I don't want to have some corny person that makes people feel like they're at their high school prom.

Bottom line? I am quite confused. Maybe if we procrastinate long enough someone else will just make this decision for us? Eh? Any takers? Alright, I know that no one is going to make this decision for us, BUT if anyone has any Bay Area band/DJ recommendations, zpao and I would love to hear them! 

xoxo, 
zar



No comments:

Post a Comment