October 27, 2010

the save-the-dates have arrived!

YAY! They're here! The first tangible sign of our wedding!

Yesterday while I was at work I received a voice mail from Hello!Lucky, the design company that we worked with to create our save-the-dates, saying that our order was ready for pick-up.

FINALLY! The moment I had been waiting for for weeks!

Me, being the ridiculously excited/impatient bride-to-be that I am, decided it was necessary to attempt to go 4 VERY long blocks to and from Hello!Lucky on my short 15 minute afternoon break. To be honest, this plan was flawed from the beginning. I knew darn well it would take well over 15 minutes to get there and back but I just couldn't resist. The save-the-dates were calling my name and there was no way I was going to let them sit there for another day (or another hour for that matter).

I got about a half block before realizing there was just no way I was going to be back in time. At this point, the logical thing to do would have been to accept defeat and turn back. I was only a half block away from the office after all. Instead, I decided to run. That's right, run (with my two herniated discs + dressy work outfit no less). When I finally arrived at Hello!Lucky I was sweating, winded and had about 8 minutes to get back to work. I said thank you to my Hello!Lucky bff, Stewey (who looked very surprised to see me after leaving me a voice mail just 10 minutes earlier), made sure the save-the-dates were in fact our save-the-dates, and then ran back outside to catch a cab. Unfortunately for me the cabs were switching from their a.m. drivers to their p.m. drivers so they refused to take me anywhere. With only a few minutes left in my break and no friendly cabbies in sight, I was left with only one option. Running. Again. 

Long story short, I made it back to work with only seconds to spare with my lovely save-the-dates in hand. I was dripping with sweat and was all red and splotchy, but it didn't matter...operation run-around-like-a-lunatic-to-pick-up-save-the-dates-and-return-to-work-on time was a success and I felt quite accomplished as a result. Also, I'm pretty sure I burned off at least half of that delicious chocolate chip cookie I ate at lunch. WIN. 

xoxo, 
zar

p.s. I promise to post part II of adventures in dress shopping soon!
p.p.s. GO GIANTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment