October 31, 2010

ZARZPAO: est. October 31, 2004


October 31, 2004: zpao and I meet at Carnegie Mellon's Sleeping Bag Weekend. I am a high school senior and he is the super cool older (freshman) college guy. We eat at the Underground, take a stroll down to Oakland, and end up watching Ferngully in Scobell House. We're with a big group the whole time, but I only have eyes for zpao.

Fast forward 6 years...

October 31, 2010: zpao and I live in one of the most amazing cities in the world and are planning our wedding. Sometimes we get on each others nerves...

zar: "ZPAO! keep your nasty shoes off of my purse!"
zpao: "ZAR, CALM DOWN. It's just a bag. Maybe you shouldn't lay it down in the shoe area in the first place"


...but for the most part we spend our days laughing, inventing killer dance moves (which, despite zpao's insistence, will NOT be featured at the wedding) and planning all sorts of awesome adventures. Had someone told me that this is what life would be like 6 years down the road I probably would have started crying (tears of joy, of course) and thought "I'm the luckiest girl in the world". (And let's be real, I probably would have wanted a sneak peak of my engagement ring too!)

Happy six-years-of-knowing-you-anniversary, zpao. You da best. 

xoxo, 
zar

No comments:

Post a Comment